Who doesn’t like a Banana and Pear Muffin!
Here is a healthy recipe that your whole family will love. This certainly is a great snack for children in child care or at school.
1 cup self-raising flour
1 ripe banana
½ cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon milk
1. Peel and finely chop the pear
2. On a plate, mash the banana with a fork
3. Place the oil and egg in a bowl and whisk until blended
4. Add the spice and pear to flour
5. Add the oil mixture and banana alternatively to the flour and gently blend
6. Add the milk if required
7. Spoon mixture into greased muffin trays or patty cups
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
Early Child Care Educators and parents play an important role in teaching children friendship skills. This takes time, discussions and role playing situations to show children how to play and make friends. There are a range of skills that children need to learn so they can positively interact with their peers.
- Being able to wait for what they want
- Talking and listening to others
- Being able to approach and respond positively to others and being able to understand what others may be feeling are just a few skills they will learn before they go to school
Tip 1: You can watch where things are going wrong and gently give the child some gentle coaching. For example “What do you think you could say to join in?”
Tip 2: Have your child take a ball or toy of interest that will attract other children to play with him/her.
For more useful information, visit the Kids Matter page.